Store Policies & FAQs
Below are the most common questions, as well as our shop policies. Please read through before beginning any project!
Bespoke and Custom-made Jewelry Orders Terms & Conditions
All custom work is non-refundable. Should the customer decide to cancel the order, he/she will own any stones purchased for the project.
In the context of this agreement, the terms “we”, “us”, “our”, “Saint K” and “Stephanie Fields” refer to Lovely Baubles LLC, DBA Saint K. In the context of an agreement to make, sell and purchase jewelry, the term Bespoke refers to: an item of jewelry that is made to the client’s specific request, design plan, timeframe, instructions and purpose. It includes all resources, including intellectual property, required to make and complete the ordered item, specifically: metals, gems, design and fit.
This agreement also covers Custom-made and customized items that do not meet the definition of bespoke item/s as they are based on the seller’s standard range. Custom-made and customized items have individual design alterations or rearranged features that create a non-standard personalized item. All clauses within this agreement extend to custom-made and customized items as ordered and agreed to by the client.
Bespoke and custom-made items (hereafter referred to as item/s) ordered through Saint K (hereafter referred to as the Seller) are subject to the following conditions:
1. The consultation appointment includes a 30 to 45 minute meeting with the designer to discuss the client’s design and budget as well as a series of communications about the design that results in the development of sketches and a digital 3D creation of the intended design.
2. A non-refundable design sketch fee of $75 is required to start the project, which must be paid in cash or via online at www.lovesaintk.com following the end of the consultation. We reserve the right to waive the design sketch fee where we see fit.
3. Following approval of one design sketch, the non-refundable CAD fee of $100 will be due. The CAD portion includes the full development of the bespoke design including identifying all materials and gems and building a 3D CAD model of the piece/s. An accurate quotation can only be given after the completion of the design and 3D model.
4. Payment for stones must be made in full. Payment of a non-refundable deposit of either 50% of the finished cost, as quoted upon completion of the 3D model or the total cost of the resources required to complete the item/s (as agreed to by both parties) is required to begin production.
5. Should the client decide not to proceed with the project after procuring any gemstones, the client will own the stones. Saint K does not accept returns for any gemstones purchased for the project.
Quotation and Payment
6. Quotes for any item/s produced by the Seller are based on the cost of the required resources, including solid components, design services and time, at time of ordering.
7. Due to the time, resources and skills required to make item/s, in the event of a non-completed sale the client agrees that the non-refundable paid deposit will be used in its entirety by the Seller to recover the costs associated with the making of the client’s ordered item/s.
8. The payment of a deposit is an agreement between the Seller and the client to make and provide the item/s as per the agreed job brief.
9. The payment of a deposit is an agreement between the client and the Seller to purchase and complete payment for the item/s as per the agreed job brief and quoted cost/s.
10. The Seller reserves the right to adjust the final cost of the item/s in response to market changes but agrees to limit this adjustment, if and as required, to no more than 20% of the original quoted cost.
11. The Seller agrees to consult with the client in a timely fashion should an adjustment in price be required. The client agrees to respond and provide instructions to the Seller within one week (7 days) of receiving this advice.
12. The client agrees to pay the remaining balance in full before receiving the completed piece(s).
13. During the consultation process, the Seller agrees to faithfully record the ideas and design directives of the client, in conjunction with the Seller’s own design advice.
14. The client agrees to regularly consult, if and as required, with the Seller during the manufacturing process.
15. Any/all design change requests made by the client in regard to the finished item/s, will be at the client’s cost. If the changes requested by the client were recorded and formed part of the original design plan but can be shown to not be reasonably represented in the finished item/s, then the costs of these specified changes will be covered by the Seller.
16. In this context (clauses’14 and 15) requested changes do not include replacement of gems and stones due to revised color preferences. All gems and stones will be selected prior to manufacture and inserted into the final item/s in good faith, by the Seller.
17. In this context (clause’s 14 and 15) requested changes do not include replacement of the client’s own gems that have incurred damage or breakage as a result of the resetting process and cannot be included in the final article.
18. The Seller agrees to take all reasonable care when using client-provided gems, in both set and un-set states, but does not guarantee nor insure against breakage or damage for any gems independently sourced by the client for use in item/s.
19. In the event of a breakage or damage occurring to a client’s own stones or gems, replacement stones and gems can/will be selected by the client in consultation with the Seller and final cost/s will be adjusted and agreed to, at that time. The Seller is not responsible for the cost of replacement stones.
20. The Seller does not agree to use client-provided metals. Any cost adjustments resulting from the use of the clients own resources will be discussed as part of the design consultation and agreed to, by both parties, prior to accepting and starting the manufacture process for the item/s.
21. Both parties agree in principle that the Seller is the authority on resources and designs for the item/s and acts in good faith regarding any advice and/or technical knowledge given to the client as part of the design process.
22. The client agrees that all designs, plans, ideas and images directly associated with the making of a bespoke item by the Seller remain the intellectual property of the Seller.
23. The client agrees that all designs, plans, ideas and images associated with any item/s made by the Seller are exclusive property of the Seller and are subject to the standard legal protection and rights as intellectual property.
24. The Seller agrees to treat the client’s bespoke design as confidential and private, if and as requested, and during the manufacturing process.
25. The terms of any/all privacy agreement/s between the Seller and the client are to be agreed to by both parties at time of ordering and on payment of the non-refundable deposit.
26. Due to the costly and labor-intensive nature of bespoke and custom-make manufacturing, the Seller reserves the right to refuse to accept, or to cease working on, any order if the terms and/or the intent of this agreement are breached in any way by the client.
27. The Seller understands their responsibilities as a trader and abides by the principles of Fair Trading.
28. Both parties agree that this is a fair and binding terms of sale document as discussed and agreed to at time of order.
Custom-designed pieces are non-returnable.
Saint K Jewelry sells custom-made items, and therefore cannot offer exchanges. Each order is made to order, for you.
Our custom items are not eligible for exchange or refund, as these are made specifically to meet your vision so we would be unable to resell.
In order to work with your diamonds or gemstones, it’s recommended that you have a copy of the stone certification (GIA), a copy of the appraisal, and insurance policy covering the stone. Please note that an appraisal is not insurance. This is so the Seller can see any issues that might arise while removing and setting the stone, such as chips, cracks, or other imperfections.
The client agrees that there is reasonable risk involved in removing stones from mountings and resetting stones. It is the responsibility of Saint K Jewelry to assess any risk regarding your stone, and advise the client on any foreseeable issues before moving forward with stone resetting. By providing consent for Saint K Jewelry to reset a pre-existing gemstone, the customer holds harmless Saint K Jewelry against any stone damage due to stone flaws or existing stone cracks, chipping, flaws, or inclusions.
If a client chooses to use their own stones and ships them directly to Saint K Jewelry, the customer will select its own shipping carrier, negotiate rates, shipping terms, and remit payment directly to the shipping provider. The customer will be encouraged to purchase shipping insurance, and understands that Saint K Jewelry will not purchase shipping insurance on the customer’s behalf. The customer assumes all liability associated with this shipment, and hereby holds harmless Saint K Jewelry and all of their deemed agents against any claims for loss or damage. Any claims that need to be made for lost or damaged shipments will by the customer’s responsibility.
Re do not re-melt old gold down to use in new pieces. Sometimes, old gold doesn’t play well with new gold. We can, however, send it in to our manufacturer partners to recycle your scrap. You’ll receive a credit back (minus the fees they charge) that you can use towards your new piece.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Catalog items: 2-3 weeks, depending on size ordered.
Custom items: 6-8 weeks. May be longer if custom stones need to be purchased to meet your exact vision.
Domestic: all orders will be shipped UPS with insurance and tracking.
International: all orders will be shipped with insurance and tracking, where available.
Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
Please check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to purchase/ delivery.
Each jewelry piece comes in a branded Saint K jewelry box that is perfect for gift giving or proposing. If your stone has GIA certification or other identification, you will receive that as well.
Our pieces carry a 1 year warranty covering defects in craftsmanship of the ring only. This warranty does not include:
- Bent or broken prongs
- Scuffs, scratches, or dents
- Bending or warping of the ring from pressure
- Burnishing of matte finish over time
- Normal wear and tear
- Customer abuse
- Cracking or chipping of stones
- Small imperfections in the metalwork, noticeable under a loop. Our jewelry is handmade and may have a little “character” when magnified. However, your jewelry will be eye clean and stunning.
- Loss or theft of stones or ring. You may want to consider an insurance policy from Jeweler’s Mutual or other company to protect your investment.
Stone Certifications and Guarantee
We guarantee that the stones included in your order are of the type(s) noted in the item posting or custom order.
Unless noted in the item posting or custom order invoice, gems do not include certification. In general, most natural diamonds and non-diamond gemstones are not certified by GIA or EGL.
How do I know what my ring size is?
The best way to figure out your ring size is to go to your local jewelry store and have the sizing done professionally. If this is not feasible, try findmyringsize.com to use a manual ring sizing guide to help figure out your size. *Please note this is only a guide, therefore we cannot be responsible for incorrect ring size determination.
It is HIGHLY recommended you know your correct ring size before placing your order.
Do you offer ring resizing?
Minor resizing: The cost is $60 for 1 full size, up or down, from the purchased size. Buyer pays shipping in both directions, including insurance and tracking.
Major resizing: any sizing beyond 1 ring size may require a complete remaking of the ring and will require an additional fee on top of the $60 (to cover the labor).
Rose Gold: resizing rose gold can cause cracks in the metal due to the stress of the heat. Additional laser welds may be required to fix the cracks, resulting in additional costs.
BE SURE AND CHECK YOUR RING SIZE BEFORE ORDERING!!!
Please allow 1-2 weeks for resizing.
How do I submit a ring resize request?
Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) the current size of your ring, 2) desired size of the ring, and 3) a picture of your ring. We will provide the cost and send an authorization form.
Natural diamonds and gemstones may contain mineral deposits, fluorescence, and other characteristics the old-time traditionalists call “inclusions.” However, it is these same inclusions that give your stone its totally unique beauty. It is your stone’s “fingerprint”. No one else will have a stone like it. Mixed and natural is more beautiful than white and flawless any day!
Natural diamonds can be a bit more brittle than colorless diamonds. Care should be taken not to expose them to excessive force.
We do our best to show the stone you are buying in a light that represents its actual look, color, and characteristics.
Each piece of our jewelry is hand-crafted and therefore delicate. Please use appropriate care to enjoy our jewelry for a long time. The majority of our collections are made from 14k yellow, white or rose gold, and can be cleaned with a polishing cloth. Please do NOT dip any Saint K piece in jewelry cleaners or solutions. This may cause corrosion and permanent damage to the metal.
All of the stones we use are natural gemstones, therefore they may vary in shape, size and color. Inclusions can be seen in natural stones and is a part of their beauty. Most gemstones do not stand the force of cleaning agents, polishing cloth or ultrasonic cleaners. Just wipe gemstones with a little water and a soft, lint-free cloth.
We will not sell, share or trade any information you supply to us with a third party. Any information we collect is used to provide you with a better shopping experience and to notify you via email of promotions and upcoming sales. If you would prefer not to receive these emails, you may opt out by changing your Email Notifications status.
We currently accept online payments though any major credit card, as well as PayPal. Receipts on your bank statements will show as Lovely Baubles, LLC, our parent company.
Still Have Questions?